Realizing the Indonesian Muslim University as a world-class well-known Education and Da'wah Institution, by giving birth to human beings who are knowledgeable, charitable, scientific and have good morals and are highly competitive.
- Develop the activities of the Tridharma of Higher Education (Education, Research and Community Service) based on national and international standards based on Islamic values.
- Implementing Good University Governance-based governance.
- Applying the values of intellectual, emotional and spiritual intelligence based on the Qur'an and Hadith.
The goals and objectives are prepared based on the third milestone (2020-2024 Period) which has been set in the UMI Development Master Plan (RIP). This phase is the Actualization Phase, namely strengthening the Asian standard university management system towards a world-class university. At this stage UMI strengthens the foundation to become a superior university in the fields of morality, intellect and entrepreneurship with the following goals and objectives:
The realization of UMI as a provider of superior quality education.
- Terwujudnya UMI sebagai penyelenggara pendidikan yang bermutu unggul.
- The implementation of Asian-standard governance towards a world-class university (World Class University).
- To be the center of national character based on Islamic values.
To realize UMI as a provider of superior quality education, the following targets are set:
- The realization of the governance of universities, faculties, and study programs with World Class University standards
- Implementation of national and international standard Student Centered Learning (SCL) learning system
- Increased mastery of foreign languages (English and Arabic) among lecturers and students
- Creating a conducive campus atmosphere
- Increasing the number of graduates who are competitive nationally and internationally
- Increased cooperation programs implemented with leading universities at home and abroad
- The realization of UMI as a cyber campus
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan (Renstra) for Research and the Strategic Plan (Renstra) for Community Service
- Increased participation of UMI lecturers and students in various national and international activities
- Availability of research centers and increasing number of scientific publications of national and international reputation
- Availability of human resources in accordance with the development of science and technology and community needs through the opening of new study programs and adjustment of learning outcomes in each study program.
To ensure the implementation of Asian-standard governance towards a world-class university (World Class University), the following targets are set:
- Good Institutional Arrangement
- International standard campus infrastructure and ICT available
- Availability of international class for certain study programs
- The realization of an international-standard campus environment and atmosphere
- The realization of graduates who work in the Asian-level job market
- The realization of research collaboration and service at national and international standards
- Increasing the number of publications of research products and services at national and international standards
- Increasing the number of citations for research publications and the dedication of UMI lecturers
- Increased participation of lecturers in various national and international scientific forums
To become a center of national character based on Islamic values, the targets set are:
- Increased faith and piety (IMTAQ) of lecturers, education staff and students
- Increased understanding and application of sharia on campus
- Increasing the number of memorizers of the Qur'an (tahfidz)
- Increased understanding and application of da'wah principles
- Increased understanding and application of the content of the Koran and Hadith
- The realization of the morality of the UMI academic community